Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Walking In the Rain

My friend and I were driving to Chili's and he noticed two women and 2 children on the side of the road, walking in the rain.
We talked about how it was strange and wondered what was up. He decides to turn the car around and go check on them. We pull up, roll the windows down, and something just clicked in my heart. They were Hispanic. I spoke to them in Spanish, and asked where they were walking to in the rain, and if they needed a ride. They got in the car. We learned their names and introduced ourselves, and I made Spanish baby-talk at their children. We then listened to one of the ladies tell us about how she was robbed the other day as she walked home. God have mercy.

We drove them to a little house (short drive, long walk) and dropped them off. They told us:

'This is your home, come back anytime, this is your home. God bless you.'


Photo credit:Victoria Bonn-Meuser / DPA

For all the times that I've walked in the rain in my life, and for all the times that the Lord has sent me help, I can offer Him my heart and say 'This is your home.'

When was the last time the Lord rescued you out of the rain?

No comments:

Post a Comment