Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It Starts Here



As I drove into Laurel Park to run its mile loop, I began looking for the trail start. I didn’t see it, but I spotted the half-mile mark. Good enough, I thought. I parked my car and began my run. 

Halfway through the loop, I found the real start sign. 



Most of you know I feel called to women’s ministry, but I didn’t know where to start. 
I followed the Lord’s leading to Georgia, of all places, and hit the ground running.
I’ve been serving in the Adventures In Missions office and taking classes in the afternoon, as part of the Center for Global Action (CGA) curriculum. I've been meeting with several people who have taken me under their wings, people whose words I take to heart and whose faith I admire. I even signed up for a web design class! I started attending Revolution Church and now I am one of the leaders for their brand-new youth group, Recourse.

The pace has been wild and new, but I kept on running.
Lo and behold, I spotted my start sign...

Leading a Bible study!

The very first Phylla House Bible Study for divorced and widowed women will be here in Gainesville, Georgia. It’ll be 7 weeks long, meeting on Mondays, from 6 to 8pm.  With the Lord’s blessing, there will be ladies who are willing to meet and allow me to lead them in a very special study through relevant and sensitive subjects. It kicks off April 8th and goes until May 20th.  If you’re interested and available, send me an email at phyllahouse@gmail.com.

I've been working on the website, and it isn't much yet but I'm learning: phyllahouse.com

The Lord is calling and I'm answering.

How’s that for a start?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome to hear you found an outlet for your heart!

    ReplyDelete