Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Poems... Nothing says "I love you" like Thai Food

It's Valentine's Day and I was inspired to write some poems. I wrote about several different themes, so you're sure to relate to at least one. I had a lot of Thai food yesterday... let's just say it fueled my creativity.  Enjoy!




A poem about letting go

Why, why so much pad thai?
 If I ate it all, I'd die.
That'd be sad, you would cry.
So I must bid pad thai goodbye...




A poem about holding on 

Delicious food will satiate
Hunger that hits me so late.
Pad thai that I refrigerate,
Reheated. Yum. Appreciate.





A poem about spicing things up


Oh wow my tongue is numb,
My eyes are teary, I feel dumb.
My heart is beating like a drum,
Forget thai food, I need some gum.



A poem about feeling cold and alone

Hey open up, don’t leave me, dear!
You ordered me but now I’m here.
This box is dark and cold, I fear.
This pad thai’s end is drawing near.




A poem about the fuzzy wuzzies

I open the lid knowing
There’s now more than I’ve been stowing.
My thai food is still going,
But now there’s fungus growing.






Happy Valentine’s Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment