Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rising


Do not rejoice over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light. -Micah 7:8
You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.
With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
For who is God besides the LORD?
And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.
You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn. -Psalm 18: 28-36

I’m a total winner.
Yep, I said it. I win!

I win, because I’m choosing God’s best. 
Sometimes life doesn’t really have to make sense. My choices may not look logical from the outside, but take heart. God has everything under control. He is sovereign. I am on His perfect path. I’m His daughter, royal, chosen, special, and lovely. I’m fully armed. I’m strong. I’m clothed with strength and dignity. I can laugh at the days to come. I bring good, not harm, all the days of my life. 

I am not just surviving this season anymore; I am thriving!
I feel like pumping my fist in the air and screaming on furniture.
I rebuke getting blind-sided. I rebuke the spiritual sucker punches.
Though I have fallen, I will rise… I receive that!
Smile is back on, I’m officially laughing for no reason again.

The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior! -Psalm 18:46

No comments:

Post a Comment