Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011... "This better be good"

Hello World

Guess who's back, back again, Helena's back, tell a friend. It's been a while... fall of 2007 to be exact since I've last blogged in the lovely days of Xanga... if you're curious/stalkerish take a look at old me. Some things are still the same... my overuse of exclamation marks (!!!!!), my pattern of rant then explaining away how thankful I am despite of it all, my spastic sentence structure, my nerdiness, my pathetic puns, my unexplainable randomosity....

Most things I guess have changed: how boycrazy I was for one, my usage of the words "shiznit" and "shibby" from disturbingly frequent to nonexistent, and well.... in 3 years all the things God has showed me and how He's refined me. 

Looking back, I can see how I've changed


Merely Freshman

Now with the pressure of January upon me, I'll share my ReSoLuTiOnS!!

*ahem* Yeeehaw!
  1. 1. Serve others through cooking, especially my church family. More than likely requiring my mastery of OAMC and acquiring a stand-alone freezer.
  2. 2. To save money and go visit my family in Brazil!!! How I miss them!! QUE SAUDADE!!
  3. 3. To put in some major running mileage on my Vibram Bikilas this year. Like 500+ miles for this year at least. Knees don't fail me now!!
  4. 4. To continue reading the Bible daily, humbly striving for growth and listening for His guidance.
  5. 5. To KISS DATING GOODBYE and trust in God's timing.
  6. 6. To not procrastinate my Christmas preparations like I did in 2010!!!!
  7. 7. To get my smile straightened out with invisalign!
  8. 8. To write encouraging notes and cards throughout the year. As it turns out, most people have this in common with me: we love encouraging hand-written notes and cards "just because"!!!
  9. 9. To not be a stumbling block to anyone.
  10. 10. To look for ways to help others and use my time to serve Jesus. Yes, to go out of my way when an opportunity arises.
That's all I have for now... Let the journey begin! May God bless you.

Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails ~ Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment