Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Aggressive Chewing

Calling it a new smile might be a bit exaggerated, but I've started my Invisalign year journey to a straighter-toothed smile!
Besides the mother of all headaches yesterday, the only thing I'm having problems with is biting the heck out of my lip and cheeks while eating.
My teeth have become sharp foreign objects in my mouth. I won't have a bottom lip after this. What gets it caught are the little anchors they put on... they are the color of my teeth but they are these BUMPS and well... they protrude and when I bite down they pinch my poor lips/cheeks.
Add to this how lazy I am that I don't want to go through the process of taking them out, eating, brushing, rinsing, then putting them back.... so my snacking era is over. I thought this morning that a bowl of cereal sounded like an absolutely wonderful choice for breakfast... and now with a few spoonfuls of sweet berry captain crunch in my system and a bloody lip.... well ... I'm beginning to question that decision.
I think the root cause of my problem here is my aggressive chewing. I chew like a lioness chews a live zebra. I chew to kill and there is no need for that. Slow down, ye powerful mandibles!! No need to be a.. cereal killer... *rolls eyes*

Solutions:
  • Chew kindly aka gnaw
  • Eat foods that I can gum
  • Not eat
  • Drink my meal
  • Half-chew.. yeah, not bite all the way down
  • Only eat things that are small enough to be swallowed whole
  • Unhinge my jaw and swallow anything whole, like a snake
  • Get a feeding tube
  • Line the inside of my mouth with a protective layer of some kind
  • Line those sharp pointy bits of my teeth so as to decrease the danger
  • Numb my mouth before meals and deal with the consequences later
  • Pretend I'm in slow motion..... WINNER!

No comments:

Post a Comment