Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Almost...

almost....

  • - overslept
  • - didn't register on time
  • - parked by the jungle gym
  • - locked my keys in the car
  • - fell asleep in the car
  • - stabbed myself with a "safety" pin... oxymoron
so thankful that those were just almosts this morning :)

it's time to warm up so i don't almost pull any muscles!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Updated list continues.. almost...

  • - won 1st place... 2nd is good with me! 10K in 57:15!
  • - missed the opportunity to bless someone who was having a really bad day. Thanks to God for showing me that I needed to give this lady a hug. 
God put me at the right place at the right time today, and for that I am thankful beyond words. It was good to "run into" my buddies (pun!!) and be able to scream encouragement to the people that pushed me the whole race :) it's cool when people congratulate you for something you enjoy doing and take the time to come shake your hand. I am so thankful and humbled.

I love running, but I think it's all that comes with it that I cherish the most... the encouragement, the respect, the hard work, the smiles, the sweat, the pain overcome, the sharing of these experiences with others. It's not about the finish line to me. If I ran thinking about finishing I wouldn't. I focus on where I am, each step, this mile, this stretch, this breeze, this song, this sky. Besides, crossing the line is such a minute part of the experience... my favorite part is when I'm tired and it hurts, yet something makes me laugh or smile and I find new strength.  I wish I could be as good about living in the moment in every area of my life as I am with running. I'm learning to stay in the present and push myself, trusting God will have my finish line taken care of. Along the way, I'm grateful for the chance to encourage and be encouraged. Oh and the wind on my face :)


No comments:

Post a Comment