Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

My Hemisfears

Today I'm taking the time to be thankful and to pray away the fears I have.I'm sitting in tropical paradise, but indoors. I have the A/C on and a blanket. I have my headphones on. If I close my eyes, I could literally pretend I'm right back in my room in Texas. And yeah, I've been doing that... often.
The culture shock is overwhelming sometimes. Road names I should remember, and words I shouldn't have forgotten, the hand gestures I haven't seen in use, and the people are always always on the go. My goodness. There is no chill day around here. 
So today was a lot like being back home (aside from eating 3 guavas). 
I chilled, watched a movie, caught up on my one show, read, and just rested. I got to stop and think.
I'd be putting God's will for me in a tiny little box if I said "I will do this" or "I will do that" or "I will come back and live here" or "I will come back and live there"..... because the awesome thing about God.... He can put me anywhere, really! I can learn a brand new language. I can learn to drive a stick shift. I can learn to haggle for bananas (and I don't even like bananas). I can. And I will. When I know what it is that He needs me to do. 
As it is, I have no idea. I have all these feelings and hunches and notions that I am praying about so fiercely. 

Guide me, Lord! Reveal Your thoughts to me, God! Here I am! At Your feet, Your servant. Wherever You need me. I have few belongings. I have a big heart. Most of all, I have freedom. But Daddy, I am Yours. I hand over my plans, I don't want them. They terrify me. Anything against Your perfect will terrifies me. I am scared to fall on my face yet again. Just please guide me, Lord. 
I know for 11 months exactly where I need to be. 
I'll be a 25 year old. This culture here solely revolves around family.
Daddy You know my heart.
You know where I need to be a year from now. 
Please don't let me get lost. Please don't let me get hurt. Please don't let me wind up on the wrong hemisphere, out of fear. Loud and clear, Daddy.
I love You so much. 


Friends & family, please keep me in your prayers as God places people in my life for my good and reveals to me where He needs me to be.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is beautiful. It's a blessing and encouragement to read your heart. I will keep you in prayer. Keep on surrendering to Him!

    ReplyDelete