Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Useful/useless stuff

Heeeey.
I have 2 days left this year and I am in a rambly, "feeling like a total weirdo" mood.
So here's a completely unrelated blog, to avoid talking about out-of-season things.

Here are the things I wish I had taken with me to Brazil:

-- a real phone charger
-- SPOTIFY.... It may be worth paying for... sigh
-- my moomoo... or comfy jammies
-- a dress... like any dress
-- my e-reader
-- extra contacts, just in case
-- my little tiny mp3 player/radio clip thing to take with when running
-- anti-itch cream/spray/ANYTHING...
(((sidenote: I am getting eaten alive. These mosquitoes like repellent. And my blood.)))


Here are the things I haven't really used in Brazil:
-- jeans.... wore them like ONCE
-- socks....
-- tennis shoes (I wear my vibrams to run!)
-- high heels... wore twice
-- hair straightener/dryer...


Here are the things I appreciate the most in Brazil:
-- my Bible. my underlined, beat-up Bible. 
-- MY SANDALS (ahhhhh!!! comfy, match everything I do)
-- camera... and its spare battery!
-- my phone, used as a camera and video.
-- my plastic bag of toiletries. Yes, one big ziploc. SO ghetto, yet SO awesome.
-- t-shirts and shorts
-- having a real towel... I think I'm gonna opt with real towel on the WR
-- the diva cup. girls...seriously.... seriously get one!
-- bug spray, although it's not doing too much good
-- this laptop and its many cords and chargers
-- a great pair of headphones!


Aside from the obvious, amazing time with my family, and the gorgeous, "am I dreaming this up?" scenery, I do miss Texas. I miss order. I miss having control. But this is great surrendering. I get online once a day now, and not for long. On the race, I don't think I'll get that luxury. Today, I experienced one of the scariest car rides ever. We were going up a freaking MOUNTAIN with a stick-shift, low-riding Ford. There were rocks, giant mud puddles, and the steepest hills. It sounded like the bottom of the car was going to burst open when we hit rocks. I prayed SO hard for Jesus to lift the car, and keep it safe. I literally had my hands on both the driver seat and the passenger seat, head bowed, eyes-closed praying. My grandma was freaked out too. Good news: we survived haha car is okay. Thank You, faithful God! I'll post the pics soon, but right now I need to rest.

Love yall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment