Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

you're going to have a great day

I'm coming to terms with the fact that the Lord sometimes tells me things. Not in an audible voice, but enough for me to go "really Daddy?!" and either do what He says or just be able to react to it. He's told me to sell things, to change routes on the road, He's told me to write checks, to stay, to go, and well...

...this morning, He woke me up. I kid you not, because I would have slept through every alarm :) I stayed up til nearly 2 am talking to Beka on Skype because sometimes good conversation cannot and should not be interrupted.

Anyway... He woke me up and told me I was going to have a great day.

hahaha ooookay. 

It was enough for sleepy me to pop out of bed like ready toast and rise to meet my day.

Daddy wasn't messing around :) 

1) I got to worship in the car, and everything was funny. Holy Spirit much?

2) I get to work, and it's a good day. Boss is happy. I walked into a good day.

3) I get a few patients, knocked out quality control quickly, and got 3 patients who were sweet and talkative, and super excited about my mission trip :)

4) As I prepared to go to lunch, I see my phone all lit up like a Christmas tree. My friends showing me love from 6 different states :) gotta love the World Race family.

5) Then a coworker bursts into the lab breathlessly, "there's cake in the break room!"
hahaha shut up. No way. Free cake. I love this.

So I head to the break room and find a table that resembled the scene with the monster in Pan's Labyrinth... minus the monster.

Not only cake (delicious, multi-layer chocolate cake) but also cheesecake, brownies, cookies, chips & salsa.. The works. Really, Daddy?

6) Then I get back on the computer and I made the WR daily :) This rocks. What else could You possibly have for me?!

7) Oh, He wasn't done. I've been praying about something. Something good. Something I don't exactly understand or have the ability to explain. All I will say is that there was something in the air, something I saw a tiny glimpse of and it's been gone since. Something. And that something popped up a little bit today and I about fell off my rolly chair. "No way?! Hmm. Daddy is this part of my great day? Is this something I should even be excited about? Check me! Ahhhh!" :)

So, I proceeded to giggle the remainder of the afternoon. And then I asked the Lord to put me in check, and to protect me, and to let me focus. (after I texted my girls, duh)

Thank You for my unexpected blessing. I pray for him. Whether he's for me or not, he's remarkable. Bless him.

8) Came to starbucks after work, and I was presented with a heaping pile of candy on my coffee. My God, You really love me. I told the girls thank you, and I was thiiiiiiis close to bursting into tears. Happy tears. No, not from coffee (although coffee is totally cry-worthy) but from the love and the blessings the Lord gave me today. 
What ever did I do to deserve such a great day, Father? 

I love Him. Love love love Him. Not because He gives me "great" days, but because every single day He is with me. Right beside me. Good or bad, rainy or sunshine. Today just so happened to be a really good, sunshiny day. And it began with His presence. 

Thank You Lord. I praise You for today. I praise You for every day.

And while I'm sipping my amazingly sickeningly sweet diabetic coma cup, shaking my foot to the beat of a worship tune, I just have to say: God, You are good. All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment