Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

Brown paper packages tied up with strings? Nah...

These are a few of my favorite things...

go ahead and hit play, and read'em :)



Needtobreathe on a mellow day


Worship in a foreign language


When I can't escape the rain, that moment I just accept I'm getting soaked and start playing


Deep, roaring, belly-aching laughter


Hearing love stories, hope stories, healing, miracles


Evenings when I stay up because my human brain and heart can barely take in God's goodness and love for me


Times I think about my grandfather, cherish the memory of him, and the earth-shaking joy of seeing him again in heaven floods me


Thanksgiving food


Cake


Oh since I'm on food, beans and rice, baby!


Screaming at the tv when the team scores


When a new song starts and it's that song and everybody points at each other


My God's not dead, He's surely alive, and He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion!


When art captivates me


The colors of the sky


Laying on a blanket to watch the clouds on a windy day


Hammock and the stars


Dancing to silly songs


Scream-singing in the car... or anywhere when I'm feeling goofy


The shoulder-shimmy


When my friends ask me to make puns for them, and use my puns as album titles and cd titles


Remembering I will see God with my own eyes (Job 19:25-27)


Cooking for others


Unexpected, instantaneous, good surprises


Being told the Holy Spirit is visible inside me


Cold showers


Worship songs with any variation of the word "rise"


When my feet get dirty, and I wash them, and without fail, every single time, I think of Jesus and His humility


Run-on sentences, because I write how I speak


Knowing, even on a pretty bad day, that my Daddy in Heaven thinks I'm absolutely lovely


Hearing again and again the story about how I once drank shampoo when I was 3, and when I spoke bubbles would come out


Hugging my grandma


Awkwardness, especially if I can capture it in a picture


Coconut water


Homemade things


Laughing uncontrollably at my own jokes


Reading


Hearts busted open, poured out, surrendered


When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, "Woman, you are set free from your infirmity." Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.- Luke 13:12-13


How the Word of God always hits me, and I love it, and I crave it


When Daddy gives me a new family called Team Tharros, and we automatically love and take care of each other


The wind on my face when I run


Affection


Remembering my Spongebob phase in high school... everything was Spongebob...


Holding a sleeping baby


Airports, airplanes, and airplane food


Tweeting absolute silliness, even though I know Pastor Dave follows me


Blind trust in my Daddy


Listening to testimonies


Walking into an elevator and smelling A&F Fierce ahhh


Freedom


Writing from my heart


Knowing he's waiting for me with the same anticipation for God's timing


Playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band drums


Kids, kids, kids, kids, kids


Sitting on the beach, watching the waves break

Knowing my church loves me this much



Bathroom humor


Taking pictures


You are my joy, You are my joy, You are my joy, You are my JOY!


My beautiful friends, who will undoubtedly keep up with me while I'm around the world


Having my old friends say "I know you've changed and that person isn't you anymore".... Thank You Lord


Listening to my various family members snore :)


Songs on repeat


Getting to meet El Salvadoreans and share the gospel of Christ in less than a month


Knowing these little things are blessings from the Lord and these listed are just a small glimpse of the thanksgiving in my heart and the way He has wired me. Thank You Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment