Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Craving

"The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving like to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.
The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous.
They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;
They are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.
By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.

Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults.
Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:7-14

"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
Psalm 119:103

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."
Psalm 34:8

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."
Matthew 5:6

If I have a craving, it's usually for sweets or for something I know isn't "healthy." I have craved salad and veggies and fruits, but those cravings don't consume my thoughts. This morning I was overwhelmed by hunger for God. It felt similar to when I get an urge to go workout. It was a physical need to hear from Him and to grow. I took my Bible to work and I've been reading all morning. I wish this happened everyday. Out of thanksgiving, I cannot stop praising Him. I hope this doesn't fade.

God has been blessing me with answered prayers over and over for about a month.
Accountability, a place to serve, my siblings' finals, and my relationship with my dad.

I've been hanging out with Amanda, who is literally a gift from God in my life. As iron sharpens iron, Amanda and I have been sharpening one another! We hang out and workout, and we now started going through the Bible together. I couldn't help but feel like I was the only early 20's single, employed, Christian girl in Temple that enjoyed running around outside. And I praise God that I was wrong :)

I had been praying for quite some time about a place to serve. Either by cooking or somehow being useful to others, in the name of Jesus. I'm now plugged in and trained to serve at the Body of Christ Community Clinic in Belton, where I'm one of the techs running their little lab. This clinic is free of charge for its low-income patients. I have the opportunity to pray with the patients I come in contact with! I will be running the lab by myself tonight, so do keep me in your prayers.

Having my brother at UT and my "little sisters" at SFA, my prayers have been that God provides them the strength and the perseverance to finish their first year at a big university. And God answered :) still praying about their summer classes!!

For a long time I felt that my dad didn't care. He was all the way in Brazil and we'd talk 3 or 4 times a year. Now as of YESTERDAY we are emailing. Yes, actually back and forth, we're both replying, emailing. I almost cried this morning when I got another email. This is more than I could have ever expected or hoped for. Not just my heart forgiving, but an actual relationship in the works. God has done great healing in my stubborn heart.

So with praise and thanksgiving came a deep hunger. Not for real food, but for the nourishment that only God's presence can provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment