Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Accountability

My accountability and encouragement needs are being met beautifully

Thank You God!!!

I wanted to jump for joy tonight as I checked my email and got yet another reply from my new friend, Rebekah. I met her somewhat briefly in South Carolina during the wedding rehearsal. We talked before it started and then continued to quietly talk during the rehearsal. Her husband was the officiating pastor for the wedding. She shared with me about her kids and her story, and I shared (of course) all about me and where I am in my walk with Christ. I asked her if she had facebook and she said no, but she did have an email address. We talked about exchanging emails but didn't do so that night.

After the wedding, she had a slip of paper ready to go for me with her email address! Then she introduced me to her kids and we all left for the reception. After that was all over, we said our goodbyes and that was that.

Well since then we've been emailing back and forth, with updates, scripture, and prayer requests :) I'm so thankful to God that, like she said "we bonded as only sisters in Christ could!"

I'm excited! I'm also building better friendships with the women in my church. How amazing to have them share their lives and their walks with me, and love me. It's SO nice to feel plugged in.

I feel like I'm definitely on a "high" point in life right now, and I know that all these people are rejoicing with me and praying for me, and vice-versa. It's a blessing to know that if and when I hit a hardship, they'll also be there for me.

To me there's a big difference between a friend and a person I would consider a mentor. The difference is mainly age, life experience, and overall God-given wisdom. I love my friends, and I'm so very very thankful for each one of them, but the accountability from mentors is absolutely necessary at this point in my relationship with Christ. I'm pouring into that right now. I'm making every effort to keep growing and pruning away at what needs to change in me. Please be in prayer that this continues to happen! From last year to now, I feel like a different person altogether. For one, my smile is genuine :) my heart is lighter, relieved by forgiveness, reassured by grace, and healed by God's mercy. I feel strong, or better yet, I feel empowered.

I love you, O Lord, my strength. ~Psalm 18:1

No comments:

Post a Comment