Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Comfort Food

This is a short rant about comfort food.


I didn't know what that even meant until I came to the USA.
There should be nothing particularly comfortable about EATING JUNK!!!!!!!


"mmm knowing this is going straight to my hips is so comforting"


I hate that the culture associates hardships/heartache/bad days/stress with unhealthy carby food.


We'd all feel SO MUCH BETTER if we had a healthy meal and got up off the couch and maybe took a walk outside. Just saying. GO RUN!


And how much healthier would this nation be if there was ever any driving emotion to go eat a salad?
Pick one, America!!


Food for thought.


EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This article was shared with me by a complete stranger, who called me arrogant :)

http://www.gilttaste.com/stories/622-explaining-the-psychology-of-comfort-food



May I point out that the CULTURE of thinking that
"When we feel endangered, unsung and/or lonesome, we eat."

is UNHEALTHY and it a huge reason why AMERICA is the UNHEALTHIEST country in the WORLD. 
I'm a scientist, graduated with honors. My aunt is a Nutritionist. I run marathons and I LOVE cooking. Here's the deal: when deciding what you eat, you are making a conscious choice. You shouldn't let your emotions decide what you eat. Food is fuel for your body. When you "INDULGE" and you let that be the deciding factor of what goes in YOUR personal mouth, you are choosing to belong to a culture that no longer regards health as the top priority.


I'm not insulting anybody. People insult their own bodies, their own health. That's probably why people get so defensive. Eat at your own risk. If people out there TRULY believe that food is "the friend who never disappoints or ditches us" well they need to see a professional about that because food is not your friend, or your enemy! Food is nourishment. I'm not denying the pleasure factor of enjoying food! Food is delicious and enjoyable! I'm saying that the consumption of unhealthy foods for the sole purpose of FEELING BETTER WHEN YOU'RE UPSET/STRESSED is a poor, cultural choice. You should eat several small meals a day, drink lots of water, and exercise. That's science. Get educated.

No comments:

Post a Comment