Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hankerin!

Hey yall :)
Goodness... it's been a long time since I've put something on here. Yes, a week to me is a long time. I've had the hankerin to write so many times but I have been keeping so busy, and work has been busier too.

I guess updates are in order, eh?

I've been devoting a lot of my time to what we would call in Brazil "matando a saudade" which means to kill the missing feeling. So visiting friends that I miss :) You know you have true friends when it's been a long time yet you just catch right back up. I hate that we're all so busy. I really do. Let's all go back to the dorms and be neighbors again? haha no, we've grown up. It's a beautiful thing, but bittersweet.

My brother and I are spending lots of quality time :) we went to Six Flags last weekend and last night we watched a movie and I made empanadas for dinner! It's fun to have him around and he keeps me company now that Ruth is gone to Africa. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when he goes back to Austin. I don't know where I want to live, or who I want to live with, or what I want to do. Hurray! There's lots of room for God to work here, and that much is really exciting. I miss the heck out of my parents. Definitely going to fix that. It's hard because I get home and I just want to stay home! I have no excuse, they're 15 minutes down the road. My aunt and I skyped and it was FANTASTIC. God bless technology. All the way in Brazil and the video quality was pretty good!

On the Skype note, I skyped with Thomas (went to high school with him) all the way in Iraq! Skype is the coolest thing. I got to see him! Pray he's safe out there, please? He's gonna be home soon!!

As far as working out, I've been exhausted lately. I lucked out that I work this weekend because I don't think I could wing a 14-miler right now. I need to get back on the horse!!

On a super exciting note, I caught up on sleep! I know, wow.

If you're all holding your breaths for a romantic update, there's no news.

I'm officially a member of my church, the Vista! It feels so nice to belong to a church family again. As far as my walk with Christ goes, I've been keeping up, reading everyday, and He's definitely working in my life right now. It's safe to say that only God knows!! But how exciting that He has plans for me, and my heart is joyful in hope. He's gonna bring exactly what I need, when I need it. I lack nothing. What I need, I have in Christ. A lot of my anxiety and my worries went out the window in this last week. This is probably why I've been so quiet. It's a little bittersweet but I do praise God for taking something out of my life (at least for a time) to show me I don't really need it. I'm really focused right now. Standing strong... a little on the guarded side, but I think it's for my benefit. I have my friends and family rallying beside me like never before. My church family is so strong and encouraging. I have people asking me questions, asking for prayer, and I get to see God unfold hearts the way only He can do. I'm assisting in heart surgery :)

And in turn, I ask that you, friends and family and internet creepers, keep me in your prayers as well. Pray for God's direction for my life, and timing for my family. Pray for safety and the unfolding hearts of my friends, seeking wisdom. Pray that they find the truth and grace of Christ. Pray that I trust God's vision for my life and have a grateful, content, non-lonely heart.

He does listen kindly and lovingly to prayer. It's okay to be clingy, God can handle it :)

That's all I have for now. There's some funny stuff I have to post! These wheels never stop spinning, I tell ya.

Love you all so very much


-Helena

No comments:

Post a Comment