Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Quick Update

Hey friends :)
I'm in Rwanda right now, and I love it.
The people are loving and beautiful. The kids are adorable. They scream "MZUNGU!" and clap their hands when they see us. Mzungu means white person haha!

The food is amazing. God has blessed us with a wonderful home to live in for the month, and added 2 members to our team from the Exposure program. I've been entrusted with being their host, and having one-on-one meetings with them weekly. Not too hard to do, since there are 7 of us total :)

I'm pushing through the Old Testament, learning so much as I go. I just finished Ezekiel and Daniel, and now I'm in Ezra. The journey of chronological reading that I started at the end of January is already about to move into the New Testament. I'm so excited!!

God has been opening doors and affirming the directions He's given me. Please keep praying for open doors and for God to keep growing me.
It's safe to say I'm no longer the person I was when this trip launched.

"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His." Daniel 2:20

Love,
H.


ps... this blog is incredibly dry. For the fun remarks, you might want to check my twitter. :) @heyheyhelena

No comments:

Post a Comment