Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

No Comment

Hey you!
Thank you for keeping my personal blog alive by being a reader. Believe it or not, even though I don't post much, there are lots of hits on this blog!

You'd think there would be feedback, but there isn't. I reason that when most people read a blog, they're getting something out of it with no intention of giving anything back to the writer. That's totally okay. I often do this when I read. I've never written any of my favorite authors a letter thanking them for the time they put into writing, editing, and publishing. I simply purchase their book, read it, enjoy it, and then it ends there.

Thankfully for me, since I write whatever for free and for fun, I have my buddy Google to give me the analytical data about YOU! Yes you! It's 2012, and I can track you! Surprise! Check out my viewers' map for the last month:



Thanks to Google, I know you care! I am encouraged enough that 508 of you took the time to read my blog last month :) thank you! Whether you ever mention to me that you read my blogs or comment, I still know I have my readers.

I'm preaching tomorrow about prayer, and as I was reading the Word of God, I thought "If I like comments, Jesus must really love comments." Inerrant, applicable, truthful, living words, but how often do I just flip through as if I'm looking up a word in the dictionary... it sounds cheesy, but I wanted to thank God for His word and that I am privileged to have it available to me all the time. He loves me the same, regardless of my number of views.
In the same way that it delights me to look at this pretty green map, it delights Him to see that His children are seeking Him out and wanting to learn more about Him.

Unlike me, the Author is listening in as you read His word. He wants to explain it in a way you will understand. He wants to interact with you as you read. Don't just read as if they're words on a page, because you'll miss out on the most amazing live commentary with the Most High King.

I've been going through the Bible chronologically, and I'm currently in the 4 gospels. It's great to read them all together, but I do have a confession: I am dreading what's about to happen. Do you ever find yourself picking out a movie and think "oooh Passion of the Christ! Yes!"?? Yeah... me either. I know what happened on the cross is awesome news for me, but those are my sins He's suffering for. My heart grieves to know that my Savior suffered for my sake, for our sake. I love Him so much for what He did for me, for paying my debt, for rescuing me from death, for guaranteeing my eternity and my righteousness. But I can't help my tears, and the feeling of helplessness as I prepare to experience the powerful telling of my Savior's brutal sacrifice.

As I inch closer and closer to reading about the crucifixion, I have to rely on Him, the Living Christ, to remind me over and over that it's okay. That He endured it because He loves me. That I'm not resented or blamed, but accepted and free. That the beatings and the mocking and the rejection and the punishment were all worth it. Worth it for us. Worth it for me.

I have no words for that kind of love, no comment.
Though I can't understand it, I humbly receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment