Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

IF ONLY

When I’m cooking, I refuse to let Casper in the kitchen. I get the
water spray bottle ready to go….. 
Holy Water Bottle

And I don’t let him go past the carpet/tile line.
The funny thing is that he knows exactly why he’s getting sprayed: he
knows not to come past that line… 
 
 So I looked down and found him sitting as close to the edge as
possible. 



why why why
 He could be in the living room with his toys, or sleeping in his little
bed, or destroying the Christmas tree…. He could be content… Instead he
sat by the edge, admiring all the things he couldn’t do and giving me
the evil eye.
 
Captain Obvious that I am: I’m making an analogy.
 
I found myself focusing my prayers and my thoughts on what I don’t
yet have, with an anxious heart, instead of praying all the more with
thanksgiving. I should have a grateful heart, but instead I want more. I
don’t spend nearly enough time thanking God for blessing me as I spend 
taking those blessings for granted with selfish, forward eyesight.

There will be a time and a place for everything (Ecc 3:1), as my life plans have
already been carefully and perfectly 
laid out (Psalm 16:5-6,  Jer 29:11, Eph 2:10).
 Why am I sitting by the edge, looking around at things I don’t have 
instead of being content,
actively grateful, and humbled? Why do I ask God “why don’t I have
_________?” instead of “how can I serve You NOW? How can I live my
life to thank You and praise You?” “What do YOU desire of me to be
doing?” and of course, the answers are blatant. They force me to deny
myself. To pick up my cross. To be a friend, a sister, and a servant. To
look away from what’s “missing” and realize that God wants me to
submit my expectations and supplications, and turn them into praise and
contentment…..
 
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one
body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Col 3:15

2 comments:

  1. Hey my beautiful and wise niece,

    I totally agree with everything you wrote:) Very well written! I am proud of you:)

    Love,

    Titia Elicia

    PS: Do you want an advice? Keep the holy water !!!! lololololol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh casper :p Such a goober

    I like the analogy

    ReplyDelete