Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Texas Let'em Go

Hey Everyone,
I sure do hope you're having a blessed Sunday morning :)

So yesterday we had a wonderful game night at my friend's house, and it was fellowship x awesome.... = yay.

I made the ridiculous pun when one of my brothers was talking about playing Texas Hold'em. I said we should play Texas Let'em Go. hahaaaaaaaaa I'm silly.
I realized I needed to write this post this morning, as I'm listening to David Crowder Band's "Never let go"

God never lets us go.

But we need to let go of everything else.
I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing." Psalm 16:2

I've been doing a lot of letting go when it comes to life and Facebook. I deleted a LOT of people I care about. I don't want to be a stumbling block to my brothers. I am praying that God fills in and blesses me as I let some of these friendships go.  I need His reassurance right now, and your prayers. I want to be a woman of dignity, respected and appropriate. I want to be a blessing in God's eyes. I want to be a person that displays Jesus' ability to walk away from sin. Like Christ, I'll be tempted in every direction. But I want to look to the cross for endurance and encouragement, and have confidence and JOY as I stay on the straight and narrow path. I don't want to look around and envy the world. I don't want to look at my phone and wish I had a sweet text or a phonecall from a guy. I want to have complete focus on my True Love.
He has a super fancy timeline figured out for me.
Jesus calls me everyday, and tells me I'm beautiful. He tells me I'm special. He tells me He'll love me forever. He is faithful to me. He wakes me up and shows me the sunrise, just for me, because He knows I love the colors of the sky. I'm so in love.
So I'm letting go, and I'm holding on.

1 comment:

  1. totally love this! I am walking my path helena, got my cotton candy and my turkey leg lol

    ReplyDelete