Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Biggest Loser

I'm no stranger to loss. My pride? Out the window it goes, so very often.
Today I find myself humbled again.
I could hide it, smooth it over, fake a smile, and proceed.
Instead, I choose to stop, pray, and listen to what God wants to make of this.
He's taking away another little piece of me. My hands are raw from holding on, yet God pried it out of my grip. He said "This is my battle to fight." I feel like I've been scolded, disciplined. God raised His voice.
"Enough," He said to me, stunning me, "It's for your good. Let go."

And so I have. He took it away from me, like something a child isn't meant to have.
Dangerous, hurtful, pain-inducing. Not meant for a child of God to hold.
I let go, Lord! Protect me. Shield me. Guide me.

Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings - Psalm 17:8

Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me - Psalm 119:133

Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. Psalm 126:5


But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. Phil 3:7-9


I want to be the biggest loser.

Good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment