Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

25 Lessons I've Learned in 25 Years

Simple and straight-forward enough. I just had my quarter century birthday on the 12th of April :) I'm aging remarkably slowly, so I'm not overly concerned.


Here are 25 extremely random things I've learned, illogically ordered.

1) There is nothing that I need that God has not already provided.

2) The food I despised the most, I now like: bananas. So anything can change :) 

3) Hammocks are the most efficient furnishing.

4) There is a "right way" to eat a mango without a knife.

5) The fetal position is the safest way to roll down a mountain.

6) All eyes are on you when you stumble, so get ready to preach in the pit.

7) Laughter really is the best medicine. Joy heals. Praise binds wounds.

8) God actively restores. Just look at me!

9) The only way to practice patience is to wait. It is easier to wait with headphones on, though ;)

10) It is hella hard to ignore cute puppies wrestling.

11) Cats can talk. 

12) The sixth love language is chocolate.

13) Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Oh the truth in that.

14) There are 2 kinds of people: those who bring you closer to God, and those who don't. Look at where you are, and then look at who's around you. It's not a coincidence!

15) Joy is a gift from God. No one or nothing can take it away unless you allow it.

16) There is a reason for the season. God brings us through hardships intentionally. Grow.

17) Asians don't speak Spanish, no matter how hard you try!

18) I don't have to understand something in order for it to be right.

19) Ladies: never start or end a relationship on the day before your period starts. Shoot, don't leave the house. Don't use your phone. What a wretched day!

20) Fountains are upside-down water falls. (I'm so deep!)

21) Never fall in love with a crazy person. Here's my how to blog.

22) Killing a scorpion is easier than it seems.

23) Cesteiro que faz um cesto faz um cento. Means a basket-maker who makes one basket can make 100 baskets, so if someone was able to do something one time, they have the ability to do it again and again. Careful with the basket-makers. 

24) If you know what you want, by all means, go for it. Love in action! Be brave!

25) It's not about me. It's really really not about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment