Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Chosen, Wanted, ACCEPTED, Etc...

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

I WAS ACCEPTED TO SEMINARY!!! WOO HOO!!! MASTERS IN MARITAL AND FAMILY THERAPY!!! HURRAY!!!

So I'm moving to California!

I've been praying about this for 7 months.
I've been waiting for this acceptance for 3 months.
If you think I have enough exclamation points, you are wrong! I probably blew the admissions lady's ear drum. Looking back, "WOOOOOO!!!!!" is probably not the most professional response to "Congratulations, you are accepted!"
Don't care. Not sorry. I was so excited and still am.

I am one step closer to Phylla House and my door of hope :)

Lots has taken place since that happy phone call, many things that made me feel not so 'accepted' ironically. I didn't blog about any of it here. Just trust me that my heart did a belly flop in the pool of love, but it was worth it. I learned so much. God has very specific plans, and He is holding me by the hand, shutting every door I try to bust through and redirecting me toward all the things He has ALREADY told me to do, the beautiful things He has planned for me, the lovely gifts awaiting me.

He is jealous for me. He is protective of me. I'm valuable in His eyes! He refuses to let my foot step off the path. Not even one step. That's what I've been praying for... the right doors to open, the wrong ones to close. I shouldn't be surprised when they do close, nor should I be angry. I relate to Jonah all the time. I feel stubborn towards the Lord, as if I have any right! I thought about Jonah a lot today. I realized that God didn't give Jonah the vine and then take it away to make Jonah angry. God loved Jonah. He was protective over him. He had a specific task for him and chose him. It was an example of a bigger picture. 'I do what I want. I am God. I am in control.' I choose to look at my 'vine' the same way. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. I didn't make it happen. God's will brought it and took it away, to show me a bigger picture of God's compassion and sovereignty.
God doesn't have to explain to me why He did what He did in my life. But He did. Today He did. As I cried in my car, I envisioned Him holding me in His arms. He told me to read 2 Kings 4. So I read it and cried some more. He said 'keep pouring' and that I shouldn't feel like He got my hopes raised for no reason. There is a lesson. He is a God of abundance. He's about to provide yet again.

I'm pressing forward.

I was praying about Guatemala (from Feb-July 2013), and turns out that door closed. God has somewhere else where He must need me, as it is not in Guatemala. I am now praying about going on and moving to Cali already. But I need that thing, ya know, a job.

Pray I get a job!!!

Love yall and welcome back to this blog.
I'll be writing here only from now on!

Helena

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Trusting God when He puts me in situations I don't like and understand has been something I've been struggling with lately. Thanks for the reminder He is sovereign and His plans are good, even though I can't see it now.

    ReplyDelete