Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

NOSTALGIA

Hello nostalgia!

Oh Mean Green!! I miss you at times like these. Getting on Facebook and seeing all my alumni friends wearing green and going to the first football game at the brand new stadium. Oh how I miss screaming in the crowd "NOOOORTH.... TEXAAAAAS!"



My brother and I at WHS homecoming in 2004
It's the same feeling I get when I read my high school band director's tweets about the band marching 3/4 of the show. The lights. The music. Homecoming.








Colorguard 2005 - UNT
Vibrant memories. All of it was a rush. Band in high school, band in college, the bus rides, the uniforms, standing at attention in the heat. Marching the fight song. :)




All those doors slammed shut and locked behind me.
No going back. That's done. Graduated. 


I don't get nearly enough free shirts anymore!
When that tiny seed of nostalgia starts to sprout into discontentment, the Lord says to my heart:


Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these?" For it is not wise to ask such questions. - Ecclesiastes 7:10


Despite the rush of memories, He reminds me to be thankful and joyful right where I am. 

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. - Psalm 118:24


Not just this, but I am fully confident that the plans the Lord has for me will be replete of joy. He's not done with me yet. He's sending me on a mission trip. He is going to bless me and use me to bless others.


For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. - Ephesians 2:10


And even more, I have a promise of eternity in Christ! A promise of heaven :)


I know my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;
I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another.
   How my heart yearns within me! 

- Job 19:25-27


I am thankful for Whitesboro High School, thankful for North Texas, but nothing compares to the eternal life I live today in the abundance of Christ's love.


Goodbye nostalgia!

1 comment:

  1. "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24
    Dearest Helena,
    I absolutely feel it today! I thank God for your inspiration to me, and I must say that this morning it suddenly 'dawned' (pun intended) on me that, yes, I also need to go all out and write, sing, dance, put it all out there for His glory: all that is praiseworthy and good! And nostalgia is okay - to relive those moments which shaped us and brought us into this day...
    I love you very much (and I will be writing more about you),
    Mom :)

    ReplyDelete