Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Life's Not Fair

I always hear people say "life's not fair" when something doesn't go their way.
Today, I'm saying "life's not fair" because my day is going too good to be true.
I have had a smile stuck on my face for longer than I can remember, and honestly I don't feel like I deserve this much all at once. Not fair! This should be evenly distributed somehow. But alas. I'm not in charge :)
Sometimes God just pours blessings over me. It's like He's looking right into my heart and answering my repetitive prayers in bundles. My God of hope is so loving. Ahhh!! I can't stop praising Him today, nor do I want to!!
Life may not seem fair to us as it's happening, but I think it's because we can't see the end result. Our God certainly is loving and just. He's very much in control. He's always working for the good of those who love Him, and our ultimate good is to be in His presence. Redefines tragedy. Redefines sickness. Redefines death. Redefines heartache.  For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain (Phil 1:21). So I won't take for granted these small answered prayers that He's thrown at me today :) I trust Him with all my heart and with all my future.

He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. - Deutoronomy 32:4

Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you. -- Psalm 89:14

The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy. -- Psalm 111:7

No comments:

Post a Comment