Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

thank you

I took some time today to think about the people in my life who are still in my life.
I wanted to say thank you. I'm so thankful that you care, that you try, and you keep up with me even though I'm busy and I drop the ball.
I'm thankful for the family that goes out of their way to read my facebook, that despite the distance, still stay in touch with me and let me know that I matter. With all this technology, there's truly no excuse. It's a 2-way street, but thank you for coming my way, for caring about ME and writing me. I love you for it.
To my friends who have been my friends for 12 years, you're amazing. I stepped foot in this country and my life changed. You guys have been there the whole time. Never miss a beat. And even friends from Brazil, I still have them. They still care. My friends from college, oh the convenience days!! We lived together, we had every meal, every crush, every extreme weather we shared together, we took pictures, we traveled. Thank you for the memories. And more so, thank you for still talking to me. Still trying. It's not easy anymore, but you guys still care. I hope to live up to that kind of commitment and dedication, that someday you think about me and are thankful.
Now I'd like to thank the people that are no longer in my life, the ones that don't care, and walked away.
THANK YOU. Were it not for you, I wouldn't be able to value those that truly love me. And know that I pray for you, and I remember you all still. I still make excuses for you and with more and more time that passes, I forgive you even more. I tell myself that you no longer care because you're busy, and you probably still THINK of me but you just don't have the time to show it. And for those that lied to me, thank you for making me that much more appreciative of the people that respect me enough to be honest. For those that made me feel small, foolish, ignored, and rejected... God had something so much better in store for me.  Thank you for showing me exactly what I didn't need.  You all shaped me. God put you all in my life for a special reason, and I'm thankful.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment