Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sinking!!!

This may be one of the fastest blogs I ever write, but it is burning in my heart to write it riiiiight now. I have to be at the clinic in 24 to 39 minutes, approximately, so with about 12 minutes of driving time, I better type fast.


Jesus walked on water to the boat where the disciples were. This is when Jesus let Peter do something amazing. He got to walk on water. But watch what happens.


“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
   “Come,” he said.
   Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.  But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” (Matthew 14:28-31)


 Today I experienced something I have only experienced once. One time in college I was super sick and I hurt all over and I prayed that God would heal me and I felt a million times better, instantly. Haven't told many people about it, because to me it was a really personal experience.
Well today I woke up with a painful sore throat. My voice was HORRIBLE. I sounded like a gargling bullfrog. A dear, strong friend encouraged me to pray for healing. I did... and whoa buddy. I swallowed and it didn't hurt. I could speak without the gargle. It was nuts. It was too big for me to wrap my mind around. So I started to kind of test it. I started straining my voice. I touched my throat. I doubted it!!!!

And then slowly but surely I started to hurt again. I was so confused. I thought "well there goes that, that was strange".... then on the way home I thought of Peter in the water.



I feel like that's exactly what I did. When God answers you and grants you something miraculous that is only through God and His power, don't look around! Don't second-guess it. Just worship Him and give Him the glory. Don't let reason or fear cloud you. I got home and I prayed again, this time for forgiveness. That I doubted! That I was of little faith.


I'm about to go volunteer at the Clinic, and my throat feels fine :)
I couldn't even talk this morning, much less swallow, drink anything... and I've been singing all afternoon. My God answered a really bold prayer because I had the faith to ask. Sometimes God doesn't answer us the way we want, but wow I praise Him for answering me today, and I wanted to share with everyone what I experienced.


Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment